As parents we all have some magic tricks up our sleeves when our babies get sick!
Be it reading them their favourite bedtime Story or cuddling up on the sofa having a nap.
When it comes to my boys, I have a few ways that I know for sure will have them feeling 100% better in a matter of days.
Here are my top 5 magic tricks to getting the boys back to their normal crazy selves!
- Vicks VapoRub is my go to magic tool, as soon as I notice they are getting a cough or cold I will start rubbing this on their chests.
I've even tried rubbing it on the soles of their feet at night and popping socks on whilst they sleep, as apparently its meant to draw out the cold.
(I'm not sure it really worked, but they found it very funny and now always ask me to do this when they become unwell.)
2. Dvd and snuggle blanket days, nothing beats cuddling up on the sofa and watching your favourite films, I know I love to do this when i'm not feeling 100% and the boys do too.
3. Stories, we love books and always make sure we read a book or two before bed, but when the boys are unwell and not wanting to watch TV, we will cuddle up in my bed and read all our favourite books until they fall asleep.
4. Warm soothing baths with drops of lavender oil to help calm them, whilst they're in the bath we will make up our own stories and maybe use some of the bath toys to act out the story.
5. Lots and lots of love, kisses and cuddles.
What are your Magic tricks when it comes to making your children feel better!??!
Vicks First Defence nasal spray is mum and dads own trick to stop a cold from taking hold!
Fight against the first signs of a cold or flu.
Welcome to the last place a cold or flu wants you to be. As soon as you feel one coming, send it packing! Vicks First Defence can reduce the chance of developing a full-blown cold.
Chances are your cold won’t take hold.
Vicks believe that traditional love, fun and laughter are key to comfort your children when they aren't feeling themselves. That's why Vicks have developed a series of sharable #VicksTricks magic videos that are simple, easy and great fun to replicate.
You can find them over on YouTube, just type in #VicksTricks in the search bar.
The Sliced Banana #VicksTricks Magic trick, is my favourite,
one I'm definitely going to have to try out on the boys!
Some of the Vicks consumer research;
- Over half (52%) of parents said that rest was the most important thing for making children feel better.
- This was followed by 'medicine', which 40% of parents rely on.
- More than a third of parents (36%) believe in the power of TLC.
- Three out of four (75%) British parents put on the TV or a DVD
- Over a quarter (27%) read to their children
- 1 in 10 parents get really creative; either telling jokes (8%) or even do magic tricks (2%).
Family Psychologist Corinne Sweet highlights that "One of the most powerful antidotes to sickness developing further; is parental care and concern.'
**This post is an entry for the #VicksTricks campaign.**