As the days draw in, and the weather takes a turn for the worst, entertaining your children at home becomes ever more important! So, from to seasonal crafts, here are a few easy ideas for activities to do with your children at home.
Get your seasonal craft on
It’s a beautiful time of year, so why not do some seasonal crafting to suit! Here are a few ideas:
1. Cut an apple in half and create pumpkin paintings.
Simple dip the half apple in orange paint and print the shape onto paper.
Glue on a brown pipe cleaner stalk, googly eyes and draw a mouth and away you go!
2. Go pumpkin picking. Pumpkins can be fun for many different things.
Why not pick out your favourite at the pumpkin field; carve a fun shaped face into the side; get your bake on for a pumpkin pie; or cooking up a pumpkin soup.
Go on an adventure walk, and then get crafting
This time of year is beautiful, with its autumn leaves, fallen conkers and so much more.
Why not take your children out on a nature walk and pick up a load of seasonal goodies to get craft with?
Here are a few ideas for things you can do with your autumnal pickings.
1. Use conkers to help toddlers paint. All they need to do is dip the conker into the paint, and make patterns like flowers, dots and so much more.
2. Create bunting or an autumn mobile with fallen autumn leaves. Use a piece of string and tie the stalks of leaves into pretty patterns.
There are so many beautiful, bright colours to include.
Make something for your pets
From DIY hamster toys to homemade cat or dog toys, why not recycle old items from around your home to create things for your home.
Here are a couple of ideas:
1. Rip an old t-shirt into strips and tie them around an old tennis ball. This creates an ideal tug toy or fetch toy to play with puppies and dogs!
2. Stack up old toilet roll cardboard inserts into a pyramid and glue old ice lolly sticks to the sides to hold them together. This creates a fun tunnel stack for your hamster.
So, whether you want to have a little adventure outside before getting crafty with seasonal ideas or recycle things at home to make DIY pet toys, these ideas should be everything you need to keep your children occupied indoors.