I thought I would share with you the recipe I used for my most recent banana and walnut cake.
Ru even helped by smashing up the walnuts, something I think he enjoyed a little too much!
- 2 eggs beaten,
- 250mls plain flour
- 150g light brown sugar,
- 3 very ripe bananas,
- 1tsp baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg,
- 25g smashed walnuts.
- Icing Sugar
- Coco Powder.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 (160C/gas 3 for fan-forced ovens).
Grease a cake baking tray.
2. Mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in colour.
3. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Pre mash the bananas in a separate bowl and then add the bananas into the mixture.
5. Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold gently.
6. Fold in the pre-smashed walnuts.
Making sure they have folded in evenly.
7. Transfer the mixture into the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer placed in the middle of the cake comes out clean and dry.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least half an hour.
3 heaped tablespoons of normal icing sugar
1 heaped tablespoon of coco powder.
Once the cake has cooled, drizzle the icing over the top.
*Original recipe from here