I have always been a big fan of the Irish Fairy Door Company so when I was asked to review a paint your own fairy door, a new product from them I was more than eager to say yes!
Fairies aren't just for girls!
My boys love the idea of fairies and having one come live with us has cause a big buzz in the house!
They are all on their best behaviour and love waking up to see if our boy fairy Flynn has left them a little note.
The idea behind the Fairy Doors is to keep the imagination alive!
Fairies also blow away bad dreams, take care of sick or hurt insects, collect teeth, write notes, take worries away, grant wishes, watch dreams at night to learn more about their humans, collect food and train Greenwings (trainee fairies).
These are just a few of the jobs they do. They also being good luck and happiness where ever they go!
In the paint your own fairy door kit you receive
a wooden door,
3 stepping stones,
felt tip pens,
a paint brush,
door art - flowers, clovers, toadstools, hinges, etc.
a magic key,
the Family / Fairy Lease Agreement,
a secret code to register your fairy,
colouring book / fairy welcome guide.
The boys asked me to paint the door and told me which colours to use.
They all then took it in turns to place on the decorations.
Once our door was dry, we placed it on top of our radiator cover by the front door, the twins thought this would be the best place for our new fairy to live. As its away from the dog and little Rupert hands.
They did get slightly worried about when we move to our new house, but I told them Flynn would be able to go and stay in Fairy Valley whilst we got set up and then we'd be able to invite him back!
Flynn was very easy to register over on the Irish Fairy Door Company's website, it took no longer than 5 minutes.
The night we put the key out the twins went to bed with out any hiccups, they were so excited about the next morning they couldn't wait to fall asleep.
In the morning they raced down the stairs to see if Flynn had moved in.
After school the twins each drew a picture and told me what to write in a note and they left them in front of his door!
I love seeing them get so excited when they talk about Flynn and what they want to leave for him and how all their bad dreams have gone.
Noah is desperate to loose another tooth so Flynn can take it off to his tooth fairy friend.
I have also told them if they really behave their special Elf Scout will come back this Christmas through Flynn's special door.
As you can imagine the boys are all trying their best to behave.
Both the boys and myself love the fairy door, the magic and fun it brings really is priceless!
These are just some of the benefits of having a fairy come and live with you:
- Self-expression – children are encouraged to make up stories and draw pictures for their fairies
- Language skills – developed through note-writing and reading with family
- Recognition – fairies love to praise and let their humans know how proud they are of their everyday hard work and achievements
- Support – fairies have often been very supportive of lessons when a message is being delivered e.g. “I love it when your room is nice and tidy! It’s makes it much easier for me to come in and out through my door!’
- Make and do – we provide weekly updates, some of which are make and do activities. Once you register your fairy, you receive a weekly email to help the whole family keep the magic flowing easily
- Emotional topics – fairies are amazing at taking worries away and sometimes even help to grant wishes!
If your looking for that perfect Christmas present why not buy a Paint Your Own Fairy Door for only £20.00.
It's sure to make any child glow with excitement!
*I was sent the product for free, in return for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own.