Friday 18 November 2016

Drama At London Victoria Station

The boys were filled with excitement and bounced off to school with big smiles on their faces.
They were so excited about a trip to London after school to see the brand new Lego store in Leicester Square.
I waved them off and told them I'd see them soon.

Fast forward to pick up, they were even more excited and their teachers told me how they hadn't stopped talking about the Lego shop.

Even Noah sprinted across the playground when he saw me.

We made great time and managed to get on an earlier train.
Everything was fine and there was no sign that something was going to stop us from getting to the Lego event on time.
We were even planning on meeting up with my sister in law and nieces for some dinner, as they were also in Leicester Square as Isla had a wardrobe fitting for a new TV advert she's going to be in.

As we reached Bromley South and the train became busier Oscar went rather quiet and felt clammy.
I asked if he needed the toilet and he said he was fine.
Mummy instincts kicked in and I got everyone up and headed for the toilet.

Once in the toilet Alex decided actually he needed the loo and hopped on.
In a matter of seconds I saw Oscar turn white and aimed his head at the sink, just in time for him to be sick.

Alex then hopped off the loo and said actually no he didn't need the loo.
We stayed in the loo for a little bit longer incase their was anything left to come out. 

Luckily the seat just out from the toilets was free, so I popped him on that whilst Alex and Noah sat in the one opposite.
Oscar passed out as soon as he was sat down, and the colour drained from his face.

I kept my cool, as I didn't want to worry the other two.
Once at Victoria I headed straight for a member of staff to ask if there was a first aider or a place I could take Oscar.

He took us along to the information desk where he radioed a member of his team.
I was meeting my dad, so as I phoned my dad the tears came and I couldn't stop them.
I was the crazy lady crying and Alex and Noah didn't know why and Oscar was sat on a chair looking distant.

The staff comforted me and my dad appeared which started me back off.
We were then taken to a back office so we could give Oscar some water and see how he was.

My dad gave Oscar his bottle of water which he told him was dinosaur water (My dad works in the Natural History Museum) and this seemed to perk him up a little.
Whilst my dad and I were concentrating on Oscar, the guy who we only know as Lima 2 was letting No and Alex do some drawings on some paper and letting them take his supply of brownies!

We decided we would go back to my parents house, as they only live 40 minutes from London rather than the 1hr30 it would take us to get back from London.
We loaded up with bags and tissues and we were offered the special station bus that beeps but my dad said no as he could walk faster than that and there was a train due.
My dad carried Oscar and pretty much ran to the train were as my little legs and the boys had to work over time to keep up with him.

We got the train and managed to get a seat.
The bags came in handy and Oscar was sick a few more times on the way back.

Once back home I took him to the out of hours doctors for him to get checked over.
He had a low temp and some ketones in his urine sample.

Two days later and Oscar is slowly getting the colour back in his face.
He hasn't been sick since Wednesday evening.
Plenty of rest and lots of fluids seem to be doing the trick.

After seeing posts about the brand new Lego store, which officially opened yesterday afternoon I'm hoping I can fit in a visit before we move up to Norfolk as it looks sooooo amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment